Sunday 27 March 2011

Lights, Camera and Action

Whilst reading an article on digital video in the classroom I decided to take notes on what I felt was relevant…man do I wish I hadn’t I soon was on to two pages and then three. I was writing down the advantages for both the teacher and students some of which were: digital video allows differentiation of teaching and learning according to student’s abilities and learning styles and personalities. Digital video encourages self-expression and creativity. Digital video can be used to develop social skills, communication skills, negotiation skills and many more. I stopped and then glanced down to the bottom of the article and realised this was written in 2003. Now that doesn’t seem too long ago, especially in regards to some of the texts we have to read for university, some have that real old book smell that you just gotta love, but I thought in regards to this subject, integrating technology, digital video it seemed pretty old. We live in an extremely fast paced world these days particularly when it comes to technology, but if digital video provided all these opportunities imagine how much better it is now!!! It’s not as expensive, the software is better and we as teachers should be better equipped for this style of learning, it’s about time we let the students tell the story of their learning film star style!



No comments:

Post a Comment