Monday 7 March 2011

Resources, Resources WhereFore Art Thou Resources?

Is it just me or is the world wide web a little too wide?! When set the task of finding an 'educational, innovative, interactive' website I thought no worries that will be fine, we have all heard of Mathletics and websites similar however I found this task harder than I had first anticipated. The world wide web is full of...well...rubbish I found so many sites that I felt children would have enjoyed, very jazzy wow game sites but none that really struck me as educational, innovative and interactive, I found many of them lacked the educational value. I guess what this blog is really about is how do we go about finding the good ones? I'll let you in on a secret it's ok I'm allowed to tell you! We were informed about a site called Delicious today and know not the magazine (although some great recipes in there for whoever is interested) but a bookmarking site. Delicious I suppose can act like a search engine for teachers, when used correctly, it enables you to see what other people have bookmarked in similar areas. Although I was very reluctant to join another site, I'm a bit anti "joining websites" I feel that this site will be able to support me considerably in my quest to search through the big world wide web!





Thanks to this flickr'

No comments:

Post a Comment