Thursday 3 March 2011

The very first blog!

So here is the very first blog. My name is Lydia Coulson I am a student at UTS studying to become a Primary Teacher. After leaving school in 2007 I spent a year travelling around Europe and a year working back in Australia. I had applied to Uni in 2007 however I was unsure I had made the right decision. Now I can safely say that I had not, I had applied for media and communications. I was under the impression that because I had wanted to be a teacher from a very young age, it couldn’t possibly be what I really wanted…strange huh?! So I worked in a day care centre to make sure I was about to make the right decision! And now that I’m here I am, and am finding it to be one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done. As far as this blog goes I have never blogged before and I fear that I may ramble on, I am quite good at that, however I will try my best to not bore you.

I have worked with children since I was 14 and love it! I work as a nanny and in the local IGA to fund my life and uni experience!

As for Learning Technologies, I always thought that I was very up to date with technology (this is mainly because at home I’m the only one in my family who knows how to use a computer!). However once I leave the safety of my own home and am surrounded by the latest technology I fear I’m not as up to date as I thought, I hope that this subject will provide me with the knowledge to better support myself in my career and the students that will be in my classroom.  


1 comment: