Thursday 14 April 2011

Zebra, Kerpoof, a storybird what do these have in common?


Well, no a zebra did not go kerpoof with a bird…these are just some of the sites that took my fancy on Monday. Our class was devoted to listening to our peers and what e-learning resources they had discovered, and how the could contribute to meaningful learning in the classroom.

I must admit that I have been a little worried as to how I will use my new knowledge of technology in my up and coming prac as I have kindergarten and I think something like a digital story may be going overboard, however when I was shown the site roythezebra.com I thought a-ha I can use this. It is a fantastic site that was explored by Jane Logan and Belinda James and has some wonderful literacy activities that I look forward to using.

Kerpoof was another site that was explored by my fellow classmate Kate La’Peyre which is a e-learning resource devoted to learning through creativity allowing students to draw, paint and even make movies. In the short time that I was shown this site I saw some great possibilities and look forward to researching it further and one day soon, using it!

Lastly Katie Martz and Erica Sereni presented a website storybird.com which is essentially a website that allows children to write short stories that are inspired by pieces of art. The site allows student to share and print their stories as well creating a very collaborative learning experience, this was another site that I will not shy away from in my prac.

Thanks so much to everyone for a great lesson, I learnt so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment