Tuesday 14 June 2011

Final Reflection

Well as you probably guessed from the last post I have now finished my class Integrating Learning Technologies which was of course the driving force of this blog, however before I signed off I felt I had more to say!

As a requirement of my course I have completed a final culminating statement that will not be posted here due to it official use. However I mentioned the aspects that of this course have been important to me and I just thought I'd add to it!

Through this course I am pretty dam impressed with myself, for someone who only uses facebook because I got told off from my friends for not using it, I have gone on to write a weekly blog (sometimes more than weekly), make two official digital stories (one and two)  (some extra with home pics), develop a wiki with my friends to share our university resources, I have podcasted, and vodcasted and am even now contemplating buying an iPad! In my final statement I mentioned that learning technologies are not a possibility they are the reality and the future and I remember hearing a statement similar at the beginning of the semester but did not truely believe it! Now through my own learnings I know this is very much the truth and I also no that by not staying up to date and providing my students with experiences similar to mine (over this semester) I will be significantly disadvantaging them and myself professionally!

I can safely say now I acknowledge their potential be it in regular classroom activities, for special needs, professional development, for motivation or even assessment. I am excited to teach with them and about them, I am excited to learn so many new skills and I am proud of how much I have learnt!



No comments:

Post a Comment