Tuesday 10 May 2011

It's Story Time

I know that using technology in the classroom is not just about the IWB but I still am amazed at just how well it is used within primary schools! Having had a blackboard at my last prac school going to a school with an IWB in every classroom was a bit of a surprise. Within my kindergarten classroom the IWB is used nearly everyday for our phonics lessons, handwriting lessons, maths and well everything! I am going to see if I can get hold of SMART notebook to see if I can compose a lesson of my own to use on the SMART board. 


I thought I should fill all my readers out there (i know who you are) what my class has been using the interactive white board for:


abc reading eggs (great phonics and sentences)


Letterland (phonics and handwriting: this does have a website but we are using the bought program)


Johnnie's Maths page (for simple maths games)


But the one that I most enjoyed may not be the most innovative or interactive use of technology but both me and the children loved it. It had been a bit of a crazy day and the children had just come back in from lunch as kindergartens they were wriggling all over the place so my teacher settled them down and went to Storyline Online. This is a site by Screen Actors Guild Foundation and is simply famous actors reading wonderful picture books, the class was captivated we then incorporated a bit of comprehension and phonics into the lesson, but this was definitely a crowd pleaser.


Enjoy all and I hope prac is going well for everyone!


Thanks to this flickr'

No comments:

Post a Comment