Tuesday 31 May 2011

And the silver goes to?


I am often worried as to how I will go about integrating technologies in the classroom and prac didn’t really ease that worrying. I really hope to teach the infants and that is were my concern lies, how do I integrate technology in a kindergarten classroom when more often than not they take the whole lesson to log on to a computer. Over the last couple of weeks we have been lucky enough to have Glynis Jones speak to us, when I voiced this concern she very wisely told me to wait and see. Later in the class she showed us a video of the Victorian based school: Silverton Primary School, this video opened my eyes and I think most of the class’. I have never before seen a school that has one learning place, I personally don’t know if I would be suited to this type of school but sessions like this I think would be fabulous. The way in which Silverton have integrated technology is amazing students learning is entwined with technology the principal has not opted for just getting each classroom a IWB he has provided the students with a technology rich environment with varying sources of technology. This video I think goes a long way in teaching pre-service teachers such as myself ways in which we can successfully implement technology in our classrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment