Monday 16 May 2011

You can walk the walk but can you talk the talk?

Whilst running around trying to find the big book version of The Gingerbread Man that I had been working on with my kindergarten class, another member of staff suggested looking at Talking Books on Youtube and said that she uses it with her kindergarten class. I didn't use the gingerbread talking books as the questions I had created were based on the version we had been reading, however I did take a look at the talking books which were great. At the present time kindergarten at my prac school have begun a unit on fairytales, among the staff the school pretty much has a big book version of the majority of traditional fairytales yet I thought that talking books might be a good way to finish off one of these stories to allow the children to see there are sometimes two or more versions of any one story I intend on showing my class the gingerbread talking book in tomorrows class I will let you know how it goes.


On a side note I have thoroughly enjoyed prac and am sad to be leaving!



No comments:

Post a Comment